The Capital Region Economic Development Council invites you to attend and participate in a series of Strategic Plan Progress Report Public Input Sessions
GLOBAL NY - VETERANS - NOT FOR PROFITS - ARTS, CULTURE & TOURISMWHEN:
Monday July 21, 2014
9:30 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Proctors GE Theater
432 State Street - Schenectady, NY 12305
In 2013 the Capital Region Regional Economic Development Council was recognized for its expanded input from stakeholders. That input helped advance regional strategies, build on existing partnerships and implement new strategies and goals in nanotechnology, agriculture and tourism. This year, Governor Cuomo has set new priorities for economic growth, and the Council is seeking public input to incorporate these priorities into its strategic plan.
9:30 am -12:00 pm
Not-for-Profits/Arts, Culture and Tourism Organizations & Businesses: The Council continues to develop its strategies to Showcase the Beauty of the Region’s Arts, Culture and Tourism by embracing the diversity of attractions and venues of the eight counties and Spotlight the Strengths of the Region by marketing existing assets. This session is intended to identify those collaborations, partnerships and activities that should be highlighted in the Strategic Plan and leveraged for further impact.
1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Global NY – Direct Forgiven Investment & Exporting
Global NY is intended to accomplish two complementary economic growth objectives - attract international investment and jobs to Upstate New York and provide New York businesses with the tools and assistance they need to export their products to the global Marketplace. As one component of Global NY, the Council is asked to develop and implement global marketing and export strategies, building foreign trade and investment approaches into its strategic planning efforts.
Veterans Issues and Opportunities
Promote Veterans’ Participation in the Workforce: This year, the Council is asked to develop strategies to encourage projects that include workforce goals related to Veteran’s employment and promote veterans’ programs to regional employers.
Call for Priority Projects
Deadline - July 11th, 2014
Do you have a project?
2014 CFA Program WebinarsCFA Programs
CREDC PresentsProgress Update to the Strategic Implementation
Final Strategic Plan for the Capital RegionRegional Economic Development Council - Success Today, Opportunity Tomorrow
The Capital Region REDC
The Capital Region is an attractive place to do business. Among its assets are: a strategic location with proximity to all major markets in the northeast; an extraordinary quality of life with a mix of suburban rural communities and medium sized cities, including the Capital City; a highly skilled workforce and the many world renowned academic and research institutions. These intellectual centers provide unparalleled economic development potential as well as opportunities for companies to grow and expand, especially in high tech and knowledge based industries.
Items of Interest:
Project Spotlight: Thomas Cole’s New Studio
The reconstruction of Thomas Cole’s New Studio at the Thomas Cole National Historic Site officially got underway on Thursday, July 3 with a groundbreaking ceremony at the exact location where the New Studio once stood in Greene County. The project was recently awarded a $500,000 Market NY grant from New York State as part of Governor Cuomo’s Regional Economic Development Council initiative.
State and local community leaders came together to celebrate this milestone, which will rebuild the New Studio and help shape the overall site-wide plan for the Thomas ColeNational Historic Site in becoming a leading center for education and a historic tourist destination that will attract visitors from near and far. Plans include an interior program space that serves as a museum-quality gallery for special exhibitions and a lecture hall for a variety of programs and events. It will serve all ages and segments of the community – students and teachers, families, scholars, area businesses and visitors from across the country. Read more here.
For more about the New Studio, visit their website here.
Capital Region In Depth
Get more expansive regional data on the Capital Region below:
Physical and Built Environment
- Natural Resources, Water, Topography, etc.
- Real Estate: Housing and Commercial Space
- Culture and Tourism; Quality of Life
- Capital Region State Parks Snapshot
- Economic Impact of Tourism in NY State & Regions 2009
- Economic Impact of Visitor Spending NYS Counties
- New York State Hospitals by Empire State Development Regions
- Nursing Homes by Region and Bed Count
- OPRHP 2010 State Council Annual Report
- OPRHP Statewide Capital Needs List
- Regions and Maps
- Infrastructure Baseline
- Bikeways Pedestrian
- Health Care
- Public Transit
- Transportation Infrastructure
- Utility/Energy Infrastructure
- Water and Sewer
- Waterways (Commerce)
- Changing Demographics
- Education System
- Albany,Schenectady & Troy MSA Chart Book, August 2011
- Glens Falls MSA Chart Book, August 2011
- NYSDOL Press Release on Latest Local Employment Figures, August 2011
- The Health Workforce in New York, 2009: Trends in the Supply of and Demand for Health Workers
- Greater Capital Region Work Readiness Certificate Recommendations
- Regional Talent Pipeline Study - Executive Summary
- Regional Talent Pipeline Study
- Essential Workplace Skills Final Report
- Union Stats
- Welcome To Your Region
- NYS Green Jobs Survey Finding #1: Prevalence
- NYS Green Jobs Survey Finding #2: Green Employment
- NYS Green Jobs Survey Finding #3: Green Expectations
- NYS Green Jobs Survey Finding #4: Green Credentials Preferred by Green Employers
- NYS Green Jobs Survey Finding #5a:Common Green Occupations
- NYS Green Jobs Survey: Appendices A & B
- Industry Structure and Concentration
- Governance - Accountability, Overlapping Layers, Local Government
- Statewide Business Costs and Tax Structure
- Cost of Doing Business & Cost of Living
- Income Distribution by NYAGI of Full-Year Residents by Region
- Property Tax Levies by ESD Region 2009 - 2010
- Property Tax Levies by ESD Region 2009
- Property Tax Levies by ESD Region 04-05
- Property Tax Levies by ESD Region 2004
- Property Tax Levies by ESD Region 99-00
- Property Tax Levies by ESD Region 1999
- Handbook of New York State and Local Taxes October 2010
- Employer's Guide to Unemployment Insurance, Wage Reporting, and Withholding Tax
- New York State Tax Guide for New Businesses
- Taxable Sales for ESD
- State Tax Comparisons
- Summary of Utilization of Major Business-Related Property Tax Exemptions
- Entrepreneurialism, Innovation and Risk Taking
Meeting Notes and Forums