STREDC PUBLIC INFORMATION SESSION
On August 26, 2020 from 3:00pm-4:30pm, The Southern Tier Regional Economic Development Council (STREDC) will be hosting a Public Info Session via Zoom to get ideas and suggestions for an Economic Recovery Plan for the Southern Tier. Information presented during this Public Info Session should be focused on the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on our regional economy and possible solutions for recovery, including:
- Needs and shortfalls of the regional economy, including those that may exist in the STREDC’s strategic plan
- Industry specific challenges and needs related to these three questions:
- What are the immediate (next 6 months) and intermediate (next calendar year) needs for specific ST region industries or businesses to adapt to the new criteria required for staying open?
- What are the long-term (5-year) needs of your business to put strategies in place to weather future disruptions to the economy, or to fully recover from COVID impacts? What tools are needed to help implement those strategies?
- What are the specific policies that NYS could consider to address the challenges/needs identified in the ST region, to address complexities related to immediate, intermediate, and long-term needs?
The 2019 Strategic Plan is located: https://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2019-10/2019STREDCProgressReportwDRI.pdf
Please Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.